Other Educational Materials
Other Breast Health Promotion Materials for Women Living with Disabilities
Because the RTK campaign materials target women with physical disabilities, we would like to also recommend additional breast health education materials designed for women living with other disabilities.
This is a 10 page brochure written for women with intellectual and cognitive disabilities. It includes useful text, photographs and illustrations.
Published by the North Carolina Office on Disability and Health.
A PDF is available and copies can be ordered from their website at:
Breast Self-Examination: A New Approach especially modified for women with physical or sensory limitations.
Published by BHAWD (Breast Health Access for Women with Disabilities), which is based out of the Alta Bates Summit Medical Center in Berkeley, California.
Please contact them for Braille versions of this brochure.
$1.75 each or one free copy can be ordered at:
Materials from Susan G. Komen For the Cure
A 2 page informational flyer for women with disabilities and a Large Print Breast Self Awareness Card. Published by The Susan G. Komen for the Cure, which has an extensive collection of breast health education materials.
- Facts For Life: Women with Disabilities (to order or for free PDF): http://www.shopkomen.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=233&catID=101
- Large Print (English) Breast Self Awareness Card: http://www.shopkomen.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=197&catID=99
- Large Print (Spanish) Breast Self Awareness Card: http://www.shopkomen.com/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=199&catID=99
- For all Komen publications, please visit: http://www.shopkomen.com/cart.php?m=product_list&c=93
MammaCare is an internationally recognized standard for performing and teaching manual breast examination (Clinical Breast Exam & Breast Self Exam). They were sponsored by the National Cancer Institute to adapt MammaCare for women with disabilities.
- Website: http://www.mammacare.com/
Please contact them at: Tel: 1 – 800 – MAM – CARE